[thelist] Tracking Sessions on NT....

Ryan Mayberry Ryan at applicor.com
Tue Apr 17 11:37:03 CDT 2001

I don't go as far as footpring memory tracking, but I use the following to
track how many user sessions are open..

Stick the following code in a file called global.asa and place in your root
directory..

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBSCript RUNAT=Server>
Sub Session_OnStart
	Session.Timeout = 20
	Session("Start") = Now
	Application.Lock
		Application("NumVisitors") = Application("NumVisitors") + 1
		Application("ActiveUsers") = Application("ActiveUsers") + 1
	Application.Unlock
End Sub

Sub Session_OnEnd
	Application.Lock
		Application("ActiveUsers") = Application("ActiveUsers") - 1
	Application.Unlock
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

Then you can display the number of sessions by using...

<% Response.Write Application("ActiveUsers") %>

HTH...