[thelist] quoting attributes was not filling total width

Tony Crockford tony at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 13:23:44 CDT 2001

 At 06:57 PM 4/17/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> >So, is it more typing to escape all my attributes, or is
> there an easier
> >way?
>
> Depends, as a fellow php newbie, I really worked at learning
> how to jump in and out of php. If I have a lot of html, then
> I jump out of php and I can use straight html.
>
> If it's just one or two things, then I'll escape the quotes.

Thanks for this, and to Joe for very useful tips, which will be
implemented immediately.

Confession time:

I've been dabbling with PHP-Nuke (great open source dynamic site
builder).

The errors occurred when I made style changes to the PHP-Nuke code.
PHP-Nuke has mixed quoted attributes (some are some aren't), I
automatically quoted my additions which screwed the PHP code by putting
unescaped quotes in the wrong place.

I think it's going to be a slow trawl through the PHP-Nuke code changing
stuff to be more XHTML compatible (we're going there anyway, why not
start now.)

Anyone else feel that the more you learn, the more you discover there is
to learn?

Thanks

Tony