[thelist] Not filling total width

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Tue Apr 17 15:12:56 CDT 2001

<kinda rant>
not to be a party pooper, but i would seriously question bringing a shotgun
to a knife fight ..

more to the bigger point : developing for the web is limited by the users
end config, no matter how you try to cut it, the more tricks and bells and
workarounds you use in any given page -- the more chance (sometimes
exponentially) you have of ending up with a pageview error.

i'm the first on the boat for experimental interfaces and shnazzy new
tricks, but let's all try to remember that simplest answer that fixes the
problem /is/ the best.

not to pick on ya hassan,  but for some reason i just feel i needed to say
that.
</rant>

the original question was :
how do i keep netscape from making that ugly side gutter.

the answer is:

add, rightmargin=0 to your body tag

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" rightmargin="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

the above show your pages with no gutter on either the top, left or right.
its the combination of browser specific (but not browser dependant) tags.

is it still monday?

        .. matt

        .. www.sweetillusions.org
        .. matt at sweetillusions.org

        .. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer