[thelist] Head swimming in MHTML Standards...

Beldamar brad at beldamar.com
Tue Apr 17 18:59:08 CDT 2001

!I am looking for a list of email clients that do (and do not) support HTML,
!what HTML tags are supported by which clients AND if there is anything
!special I need to do to the HTML code or the email headers themselves or
any
!other 'heads-up' that are appropriate...

There is a very good program for doing all this.
It is called Group Mail.
http://www.infacta.com

I have not used this new version so I really don't know what features they
have added.
But the program allows you to send text only or HTML depending on your
preferences when you add them to the database.

Problems I had with the HTML e-mail:
Web TV users could not read the e-mails.

I never had any issues with the HTML e-mails other than that.
So I don't know if there are any tags that you can't use.
But I don't really think you will want to get too deep into coding for this
type of thing.
Basic tables, images, and text should be about all you need. However I did
come across a situation that required a form and that worked without a
problem.

When I was doing this before I had over 1000 different people receiving the
newsletters in HTML format. So it was tested on quite a few different
programs and services.

Brad