[thelist] opening a pdf file with a back button on the page, not using the browser back button.

David A. Demko support at inetcomputerproducts.com
Tue Apr 17 22:51:19 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On
Behalf Of Lisa Frost
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 4:06 AM
To: the list
Subject: [thelist] opening a pdf file with a back button on the page, not

Lisa Wrote:
>What they want is on the page a button that when clicked will take them
back
>to the previous page like the back button on the top of the browser. So a
>button using onclick="window.history.go(-1);" etc.

>Is this possible?
>Where would you put the code? because once you click on the pdf file link
it
>opens acrobat and displays the file rather than a html page.

It may not be the best solution, but you can build an html page that
contains the pdf file and the button, using an iframe that is sized and
positioned properly the end result really does not look too different and it
can contains the button you (they) are looking for.  The link then would be
to the html doc that contains the pdf file.  I set up a small sample from
combinations of things I had before (I did use the Close Window and not the
back button for this)
Here is the sample if you like:
http://www.inetcomputerproducts.com/one.html

David A. Demko