[thelist] image not found

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Apr 17 23:34:44 CDT 2001

>I haven't had this experience on Windows, but on my Mac IE sometimes can't
>find images that are supposed to be in it's cache (or something to that
>effect). Quitting and re-launching the browser always "fixes" it, unless
>it's actually a problem with file names, or a relative vs. absolute URL
>issue.
>? matt

Hi Matt

I've had the same problem with Mac IE 5 -- it usually only pops up
when you dump your cache (as it were...) and then try to access a
site with images that have been cached in IE. i.e. -- pretty much all
the time when you're testing updated versions of the same site. The
browser thinks that it still has a cache of the images, but the cache
does not! It took me a few too many minutes to work that one out...

Like you say, quiting and opening IE fixes it just fine.

Andrew
--
Andrew Forsberg
uberNET