[thelist] NN6 - Relative Position bug - Any Workaround?

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Wed Apr 18 03:53:49 CDT 2001

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to correct the NN6 bug reflected
in the code below.

When viewed in ie55 or opera 5, both the blue and green divs start at the
same height, which is the desired result.  In NN6 the blue div starts lower.
I know this is a known bug with Mozilla, but I can't seem to find a
workaround.

TIA

<head>
<title> Test of a centered Div</title>

#wrapper {position: absolute;
	left: 0px;
	top: 0px;
	width: 100%;
	height: 100%;
	background-color: #f00;
	text-align: center; \\ie5win hack
	}

#left {
	width: 450px;
	height: 100%;
	background-color: #0f0;
	color:#000;
	padding:none;
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;
	margin-top: 50px;
	}

#right {
	float:right;
	position: relative;
	top: 0%;
	width: 300px;
	height: 100%;
	background-color: #00f;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;

	}

#left, #right {text-align: left}	\\ie5 win hack

</head>

here there is a break!</p><p>this is more text in the main box
		and to see what happens when we continue typing, here is some more
text</p>

Mark Cheng
Financial Controller
Ranger Minerals Ltd
Phone 08 9364 8355

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.