[thelist] image not found

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Wed Apr 18 06:43:25 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 02:14 AM 4/18/01 -0700, Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns
bequeathed such tales as these:
>Just thought I'd toss in that I've had this (frustrating!!) experience
>with IE5.5 with my PC and Windows98. At times I have to clear the cache,
>clear the history, and restart the computer. Drives me nuts. I've had it
>happen with clients, too, when they write to me and say, "hey, I thought
>you said you changed this...."
>
>ugh. Then they get a glimpse into the frustrations we face at times, huh?
>
>(You probably know this, but I thought I'd also toss in  that when you
>clear the cache, etc., be sure you've either closed your browser or are on
>a completely different URL not related to the page in question.)
>
>Also, if none of what we've suggested helped, could you send us at least
>some of the HTML?
>
>Please let us know if what we've all written in has fixed the problem,
>Peter. I'd love to hear what helped.
>
>And good luck with this, too. :-)
>
>Warmly,
>Shirley
>--
>Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.
>SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser at skdesigns.com
>Website Development  http://www.skdesigns.com/
>Pianist, Composer  http://www.shirleykaiser.com/
>Moderator, I-Design http://www.adventive.com/lists/idesign/summary.html

Clearing cache(s), I have two separate cache files (I guess windows just
loves the internet so much it needs to save as much of it as possible!),
cleared the history, ran IE repair and nothing changed.  Stripped all
alignment settings for the page and rebuilt the tables exactly as before
with the same alignment settings and it worked fine.
Now to save it as an mht file and email it to my client, as they are on
Netzero and don't have resources to browse sites ;)
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Peter Kaulback

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)