[thelist] Dreamweaver or NetObjects

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Wed Apr 18 11:36:22 CDT 2001

Well, In my opinion, there is only one wysiwyg editor to choice, and that is
Dreamweaver.

I do most of my coding using either Homesite or ColdFusion studio and
Dreamweaver UltraDev. A great combination. One of the leading points of this
package duo is the integration between Homesite and Dreamweaver. Any
document in Homesite can be opened in Dreamweaver with the click of a single
button and vice versa. Also, if you are a handcoder, Dreamweaver produces
fairly clean code and with a little time spent customizing the way that DW
codes you can get it incredibly clean and close to the way that you code
yourself. Personally, I do mostly handcoding as well, but it saves a lot of
time to be able to jump to dreamweaver and layout a table or two and then
jump back to Homesite to fill in all the details.

Download a trial copy of Dreamweaver and give it a spin before you buy a
full copy. There is a reason that it is the world standard for wysisyg web
design programs.