[thelist] Dreamweaver or NetObjects

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Apr 18 11:45:37 CDT 2001

After a while, I got sick of the stupid things Dreamweaver did, especially
when using dynamic code (CF,etc.) and their template system.  Code just
disappeared sometimes.

Me, I love Homesite.  But, then again, I hate WYSIWYG editors.  They've
been nothing but problems in the long run.

And don't get me started on Dreamweaver's constant use of <FONT>
tags.  It's just all too easy to write bad code in Dreamweaver if you don't
know any better (and if you know better, you usually don't use Dreamweaver).

--Ben

At 10:34 AM 4/18/2001, you wrote:
>At the risk of starting a "religious war", I am wondering whether I should
>upgrade my NetObjects Fusion 5.0 to Fusion MX.  Though I mostly handcode
>using
>HomeSite, I have used the WYSIWYG tool a few times (with limited success -
>could just be the learning curve, but generated code seemed awful!).
>Perhaps a switch to DW is in order or should I just sit tight while
>Macromedia/Allaire is sorted out?  Anyone know of any comparisons that have
>been made?  Any advice welcome.

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive