[thelist] linux: user / permission chaos

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Thu Apr 19 10:18:16 CDT 2001

Hi,
I've got some chaos concerning the user / permission on our RedHat
server.

I want to lock a user in his homedir eg. /home/userfoo/

Our websites are in /home/sites/site01.com/ and so on.

/home is owned by root and set to "drwxr-xr-x" - this way the sites work
fine.

However, if I set ".." in /home/userfoo/ to "drwx------" I actually
change the setting of /home and the sites break, too.

So how can I lock a user in his homedir without breaking the sites?

TIA,
Joxn
--
   || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  joxn at vernum.com  ::