[thelist] linux: user / permission chaos

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Thu Apr 19 11:16:46 CDT 2001

Johnny Lam wrote:
> Try doing the chmod at /home/userfoo/ directory by doing a chmod
> uo-rwx /home/userfoo/. I hope that helps.

But then I end up with a directory for that user with no rights at all.
This means that I can't really telnet to the server at all.

Acutally I get:
No directory /home/userfoo!
Logging in with home = "/".
bash: /home/userfoo/.bash_profile: Permission denied
[userfoo at server /]$

I simply want to lock a user in his homedir. Seems basic to me, but
actually this is the first time that I have to grant remote access to
the server.

bye Joxn
--
   || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  joxn at vernum.com  ::