[thelist] Opening .unk mail attachment - Anyone know how?

Pat Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Thu Apr 19 22:02:52 CDT 2001

Deke - thanks.
> > Does anyone know how or what to use to open a ".unk" file? I found this
in
> > the knowledge base:
> If I'm not mistaken, UNK is short for "unknown".

Ok, it makes sense that UNK=Unknown
Yes, I did peek inside and see that it had something to do with Microsoft
Mail and that's what I used to find a ref in the knowledge base -- but no
way to figure out how to open it. However, someone else was posting to the
list about .art files they couldn't open and I saw the tip about getting the
sender to resend the file in a zip, so I had them request the attachment
that way. I'm still waiting to hear back if that worked.

Thanks! Pat pmeeks at msn.com