[thelist] bah geocities.. was:netscape issue...

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Fri Apr 20 14:25:38 CDT 2001

> since when did yahoo/geocities start tracking
> incoming visitors like that? Seriously lame, and I'll probably think
> twice before clicking on a geocities.com link in the future.. Looks like
> they're trapping browser version, referer(my email in this case),
> language, OS, screen resolution, and the last one java version maybe?

Geocities has an option for members to have a stats tracker set up for
their page.  Among the statistics it allows you to track are browsers,
referers, javascript (not java) status & version. . . . looks like it's
been enabled, although i didn't notice it when i was there. . .

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski             "Heul, why this interest in me?"
135 W Lorain St OCMR 2678            "You're a poet, Des.
soon: http://www.oberlin.edu/~PAN    jswiders at oberlin.edu