[thelist] rowset doesn't support fetching backwards??

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Apr 20 15:58:51 CDT 2001

At 01:37 PM 4/20/2001, Fortune Elkins wrote:
> >Also you need to open up a record set,
>
>so you are saying i need a *second* recordset? i already am using one,
>called rsInsertRec, which i used to do the insert.
>
> >pass the query "Select @@IDENTITY as ID" (save that to a variable) prior to
>closing the DB Connection.
>
>Access 2000, my database, apparently doesn't support this, as I noted in my
>question. is this untrue? is @@IDENTITY supported in Access 2000?

According to an email that crossed my desk via this list, earlier this
week, Access 2000 should support @@IDENTITY.

"> @@IDENTITY works in Access.

 >From my research about @@IDENTITY the last night, it *only* works in Access
2000 using Jet 4.0.

http://www.aspwatch.com/c/200043/d1AED4F05B84711D4AF0200A0C9E95208.asp (very
bottom)"

Once you do the insert, immediately call "Select @@IDENITY as RowID",
another way (hackish) you can try "SELECT MAX(Column_Name) as RowID"
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys