[thelist] Apache burns memory up !

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Fri Apr 20 23:21:42 CDT 2001

<tip type="php4 sessions">
I just spent an hour figuring why I couldn't access my session variables.
Always start your scripts using sessions with session_start() .
It is implied when using session_register(), but *not* when using
session_is_registered()

Hence a safe way not get stuck is to use session_start() every time !
</tip>
<tip type="php output buffering">
By the way, if you want to set a cookie anywhere in your script, even after
output, use output buffering.
easy to use :
* start your script with ob_start()
* finish it with ob_end_flush() and that's it.
There's much more to say about ob_* functions, but Zeev Zuraski will tell
you about it much better than I will :
http://www.zend.com/zend/art/buffering.php
</tip>