[thelist] php dev on a laptop...

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Mon Apr 23 21:20:56 CDT 2001

I'm having an issue that somebody here has probably dealt with succesffully:

I'm getting into PHP/MySQL, and find that it is work that lends itself well
to being done on my laptop (lots of typing/text...not a lot of graphic
production/touchpadding). I'm running Windows 2000, PHP 4.04 and MySQL
3.2something. I like to create a mapped netowrk drive on the laptop with my
main work directory (from my desktop machine...for file synchronization
purposes). Trouble is, IIS doesn't like creating virtual folders that have a
mapped network drive as the source. Anyway...php doesn't work on the virtual
folders under IIS, if I duplicate a folder in c:\inetpub\wwwroot its OK, but
that's not so slick because then I can't browse the php in homesite...which
is very slick.

Have you set things up this way with success and if so can you give me
pointers?

thanks,
jpc