[thelist] What is the ColdFusion equivalent to eval()?

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 00:04:15 CDT 2001

Hello,

In ColdFusion, I have a loop which creates variables.
Now I want to use the counter (i) in my variable
names, to create variable myvar_1, myvar_2, myvar_3,
and so on. In JavaScript and php we can use eval() to
do this, but how can I do it in ColdFusion? This is
what I have so far:

<cfloop index="i" from="1" to="#ArrayLen("my_arr")#">
<cfset order_#id# = ListToArray("my_arr[#i#]","-")>
</cfloop>

Also, is the #i# used in the ListToArray function
correct?

Thanks,
Jon.