[thelist] newbie alert! Question about .asp-change and new question

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 11:31:13 CDT 2001

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out with my asp questions.
I'm trying to accomplish the same thing a different way now...and of
course have more questions.

Part of my code is this:
objConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=d:\Inetpub\wwwroot\connections\InformationServices\CHS_Cookbook_Files\CHS_Cookbook.mdb;"
newFile=server.mappath("/InformationServices/CHS_Cookbook_Files/") &
strName & ".txt"
Set fstemp = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set filetemp = fstemp.CreateTextFile(newFile, false)
filetemp.WriteLine(strInstructions)
filetemp.Close

Why am I getting the following error message:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800a003a'
Server.CreateObject Failed
/InformationServices/CHS_Cookbook_Files/submit_confirm.asp, line 22
The operation completed successfully.

Line 22 is the one that begins with 'set filetemp = '

All of the variables were declared.  The new temp file needs to
reside in the same place as the .mdb database.  The new temp file
needs to be named the same as strName which is retrieved from a form.
I realize I'm probably not creating the file name correctly, but
cannot find a resource discussing how to do so...

All lines are coded on ONE line, even though my e-mail may cause it
to look like two lines.

Any and all help is appreciated!

--- Tab Alleman <talleman at autobex.com> wrote:
> Do you really have "adCmdTable" on a line by itself like that in
> your code?
> or is that just my mail prog wrapping?  Cuz that would be bad.
>
> What is line 26 in your code?

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager
http://www10.ewebcity.com/jnabring