[thelist] RE: What is the ColdFusion equivalent to eval()?

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 13:11:57 CDT 2001

Thank you Joshua, Raymond, and Chris,

Your input was very helpful.

I used quotes on the left hand side with my vars inside the quotes, and
it worked (Raymond's idea), but I incorporated the setvariable in
another part of the app and fixed the array/variable errors. The whole
thing is one messy script, with forms sending lists within lists and a
couple of listtoarrays to split it in arrays and...anyway, it works
now.

But at the end of all this (when comparing to php), I've come tot he
conclusion that CF really does suck in string handling :-).

Thanks again for the help, wouldn't have been possible without ya!

Jon.