[thelist] Here's why flash is cool!

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Apr 24 18:34:00 CDT 2001

At 3:26 PM 4/23/1, jeff wrote:
>> http://www.oddcast.com/oddcast/site/infopages/virtualhost.html
>
>   "IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors
>    and will be closed by Windows.
>    You will need to restart the
>    program."

You shouldn't expect or tolerate a crashing failure.

That site, although ambitious, has worked normally for many people on many
lists, so your first step would be to see how your current browser
configuration does with other known-to-be-good sites... this could help
identify exactly where the difference is there.

(We do know that well over 90% of consumers tested by MediaMetrix can
successfully view SWF content, with over 50% of the total already using the
Macromedia Flash Player 5. This implies that you should expect the normal
performance too.)

jd