[thelist] Installing flash on intranet

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Apr 24 18:37:45 CDT 2001

At 10:31 AM 4/19/1, Sally Reidy wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible or how to install the
> Flash plug-in into Netscape 4.5 browsers over an intranet...

Here's info on licensing:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/open/licensing/

You're looking for the "Macromedia Flash Player distribution license" link
there... doesn't cost anything, but sets you up with the proper
installation files.

> without the user having to do anything?

Well, that's a different case... browsers are set up so that websites don't
modify them willy-nilly. The visitor will have to at least consent to the
change. Your best bet here may actually be to do an initial complete
browser installation from the browser CD... these come with the Macromedia
Flash Player, and you'd have to purposely choose to not install it in the
first place.

jd