[thelist] why does flash sound crash my browser?

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Tue Apr 24 20:30:15 CDT 2001

I was checking the Harry Potter site with my son when the sound on the main
page started skipping and the blue screen popped up and killed my
browser.  My son wasn't too impressed, but either was I.  I'm asking
because I'm profiling a firm who is tendering bids for flash driven
additions to their extranet with heavy dosages of audio/video and i would
like to know safe limits.  BTW I'm on IE 5.5, win98SE, and 128 mb ram.
Peter Kaulback

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)