[thelist] (no subject)

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 25 13:50:26 CDT 2001

greetings,

i've got a bit of a mail server issue that's beyond my capabilities to fix.
we are offering pop3 service to one of our clients and he is complaining
(rightfully) that he can not send email to nor receive email from msn users.
i'm at a loss as to what the problem might be.  here are the headers from
one of the bounced replies he received and forwarded to me.  could someone
take a look at it and shed some light on the subject?

i've changed the email addresses to protect my client, but left enough
information intact to hopefully diagnose the problem.

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail2.alphashop.com..
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the
> following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given
> up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>
> <xxxxx at msn.com>:
> Connected to 207.46.181.13 but my name was rejected.
> Remote host said: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address
> I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the
> queue too long.
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

> From: "Juliana Stewart" <juliana at clientsdomain.com>
> To: <xxxxx at msn.com>
> Subject: Sick?
> Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:48:38 -0700

does this give anyone any indication of what the problem might be?

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development