[thelist] msn mail bouncing

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Apr 25 14:09:46 CDT 2001

Jeff -

First stab at it: the IP address for mail2.alphashop.com doesn't resolve
to anything, which most SMTP servers will interpert as a spammers SMTP
server.

[root at djc log]# host 207.189.150.220
Host not found.

theres a couple other oddities with your DNS servers too, but the most
likely cause is you don't have a PTR record for mail2.alphashop.com

that wouldn't have anything to do with recieving mail from msn users
though, but that could just be a different problem alltogether

hth

.djc.