[thelist] OT: Job Market

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Apr 25 15:34:37 CDT 2001

> I keep hearing things like "The tech sector unemployment rate is
> lower than
> it's ever been" and "There are a wealth of positions available" but I have
> found nearly the exact opposite to be true.

Hmmm... where are you hearing these things? I haven't been hearing that...
not that I can remember anyway. I think the tech sector is in a bad place
right now but I think things will level out as people turn their attentions
back to development.

Now, I'm on the creative end of things and I don't know if that market (web)
is ever going to bounce back to what it was.

What I keep hearing is that I'm one of those people who were riding this
ridiculous dot-com wave in the search of easy money and that I deserve what
I get. All I wanted was a good job. [Not that I'm bitter, oh no.]

- amanda