[thelist] Quick way to search server log?

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Wed Apr 25 21:50:03 CDT 2001

> Does anyone know of a utility that will let me quickly scan a day's server
> log for a particular URL? Wanting to know how many times a particular page
> was requested from the server over a few days' time.

I've been gone all day, and I'm a few hundred emails behind.....so if this
is already solved, please excuse my tardiness!

In the past, I have taken my log file, imported it into Excel as a tab
deliminated file, selected the field breaks where I want them and then
opened it up.

If you broke the fields in the proper places, you can then just "sort" by
the relevant column and pluck out the one you're looking for.

Maybe not the optimal way of doing it - but it works!

Sandy