[thelist] Best book for reorganizing corp. intranet?

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Thu Apr 26 09:41:26 CDT 2001

hiya!

i work at a software development house, and our corporate intranet has
"evolved" out of control.

it does have a basic structure -- each workgroup has a project directory, a
personnel directory, a document library, and a reference directory for
reports and such.

naturally we've reorganized our workgroups so much this structure doesn't
work now. we've become much more cross-functional. and further, we've found
that the current structure really doesn't leave any intuitive place for
general documents like lists of cellphone numbers, employee benefit and visa
information, general information about our clients' industry, etc.

a re-do is in order. what's the best intranet planning book, hands down? i
need to create a top-notch information architecture here!

tia,

fortune

Systems Inc.