[thelist] Photoshop Layer Styles

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Thu Apr 26 13:02:46 CDT 2001

Are you sure you have the right layer selected when applying the drop
shadow?
I usually just right click on the layer and select "Blending Options" and
specify the drop shadow (or whatever effect) specifics.

This way I can create a new layer, do the same thing, and have the new drop
shadow apply only to that new layer.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano at usaiss.com

Hi guys,

This is a dumb@$$ question, but how do you keep Photoshop 6 from applying
the
same layer styles to *other* layers?

For example I have applied a drop shadow to a layer. On another layer, I
want to
apply another drop shadow, but have the blur set higher or go in another
direction..PS changes all the other drop shadows to the new
settings..arrghhh.

I haven't had PS 6 all that long, and this has bugged me before, I couldn't
find
anything in the help files and I didn't have time to mess with it before. I
just
made them the old way and went on with it--I'd like to figure this out once
and
for all :)

Thanks,
Gina