[thelist] Photoshop Layer Styles

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Thu Apr 26 13:29:17 CDT 2001

Is this in all of your images, or just this one specific one?  Its a PSD?
If this occurs in all of your image files, I would think its a global PS6
setting somewhere...otherwise there's a setting for this file thats applying
to all layers.

I just opened PS6, created two layers and one rectangle on each, and altered
the drop shadow settings for each layer.  They both kept their settings just
fine.
Try this with a new file and see if you're experiencing the same thing.

If you like, feel free to send me the PSD off-list and I'll take a look.

--Sal
spalmisano at usaiss.com

Yup, I'm clicking the right layer. I tried doing what you said, and it
changed
all the other layers too. ::scratching head::

I didn't do that with the other layers. I just clicked on the layer, chose
Layer
Styles from top menu, and did the drop shadows. If I apply another type
shadow
to a different layer, the previous layers change also. BTW, the layers
aren't
linked. I can't figure out why it would behave this way--unless it's some
hidden
user setting or something.

Gina