[thelist] Accessing event object NS6,ie55,op5

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Thu Apr 26 15:05:52 CDT 2001

Dear all,

Can someone please confirm my understanding of the event object - I've
tried a couple of sources on the net and I'm more confused than ever.

I'm trying to find the element that caused a mouseover event.  I think
that I can do that by:

ie55 : document.event.srcName
ns6 : document.event.target (I've also seen e.target and evt.target!!)
op5 ?

is this correct?  if anyone has any good references for comparisons  of
the object models of ns6,ie5 and op5 I'd appreciate it.

TIA

MarkC

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.