[thelist] NS6 : how locate event trigger element?

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Fri Apr 27 04:19:25 CDT 2001

Many apologies - please ignore my earlier request - I am an idiot.

<tip>
When debugging in NS6, always make sure that you check the javascript
console for errors. You can find the console under Tasks>>Tools>>Javascript
Console.  Clear the errors before you post to this list!
</tip>

<tip>
If you are trying to find the properties for an object in NS6, don't do this
(capitalisation is only to show reserved words - code in lowercase) :

FOR (eachprop IN obj) {DOCUMENT.WRITE(eachprop+" : "+obj[eachprop]+"<BR>")}
 /*It can c$%p out on you and you won't know until you look in the Netscape
Javascript Console*/

Do this:

VAR result = "";
FOR (eachprop IN obj) {result += eachprop+" : "+obj[eachprop]+"<BR>"}
DOCUMENT.WRITE(result);

</tip>

Have a good weekend - I'm going to get really blasted - it obviously can't
hurt.

MarkC

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.