[thelist] Php and Flash

Chris Hendershot chris at wdpnet.com
Fri Apr 27 13:41:17 CDT 2001

I want to grab a specific URL from a Database and then have PHP echo out to
flash with the specific list of url's
Let me explain a little better,
We have this admin section where a client posts press releases to a
Database, and then flash calls the PHP which grabs all the press releases in
the databases, then prints them back to flash, which is in a dynamic text
feild. It uses XML to format the text and URL's, the URL in the XML is:

asfunction:_root.LoadStory

When they click it goes to my action script in flash which is

function LoadStory () {
getURL ("headlinesdetail.php", "_blank");
}

Now I want to have the database give a specifice url to each one (pr1.php,
pr2.php, pr3.php etc.) everytime they add a new press release into the
database. Now in the DB there would be a ID for each press release's URL,
How would I get flash to pull the right ID into the GetURL function I have
in my actionscript when the user clicked on, say the fifth or the second one
in the list.

the headline's scroller that im using is
http://ferx.wdpnet.com/headlines.html
so i want it so when you click a headlines, dynamicly i want it to know
which one the user clicks then pops up a html document that has the correct
pressrelease in it, right know when you click it, headlinesdetail.php pops
up saying id.

I hope i explaned this ok..
Any help would be apreciated, Im new in actionscript. Thanks

Chris Hendershot
Senior Multimedia Developer
www.wdpnet.com
Total Experience...