Sorta OT: [thelist] favicon.ico disappears from bookmarks

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Sat Apr 28 15:23:49 CDT 2001

Someone asked me this today and I honestly had to say I had no idea.

"Why do the icons disappear in Internet Explorer and can I get them back?"

Of course, referring to the favicon.icos that show up in the bookmarks
menu, etc.

I figured the reason was that the icons were just in the cache, and some
follow-up Google searches confirm this.  There were some ways to correct
this but they involved rooting around in the Temporary Internet Files
folder, etc.  Not something a newbie would want to do, more than likely.

So, I ask you, is there an easy way for the user to make these icons permanent?

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive