[thelist] .asp conversion into new design

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Sat Apr 28 21:48:25 CDT 2001

>  |  can the existing .asp information be fit into the new design 1)
>  |  without
>  |  mucking up the .asp works and 2) with my simple, general
> knowledge of
>  |  .asp (ie. no recoding / programming needed)

without knowing how much you know, this question is whay to ambiguous. Do
you know how the ASP works with the current pages?

> what tools you use? In general, however, you do not need to
> know ASP to
> modify the look and feel of an ASP page.

I fear this remark. ASP can be used to do all sorts of stuff to the page,
including dictate how it is layed out, what colors are used, etc etc. It's
not just for placing data into <td> cells.

Jason, ya need to understand how the current ASP works with the current
design (how much the ASP is responsible for the layout, for example) before
you can roll it into the new design.

Like others have said, it depends. But moreso on your knowledge of ASP
rather than the ASP itself. Make sense?

good luck
sgd