[thelist] servlet gurus help needed

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Apr 29 11:23:03 CDT 2001

At 01:09 AM 4/29/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i am using windows-me OS and Microsoft accesses 2000
>for the database.
>
>I am not able to insert data into the table but able
>to retrieve data from a table. I am using jbbcodbc-
>bridge to connect to support client request to the
>servlet.

This is an OS/IIS/Access problem. You need to give the IIS User full
read/write access to teh directory where the Access file lives. Access
requires a "lock file" in order to do inserts and updates to the data. The
IIS server needs to create the lock file. Without write access (and delete
access - it ain't gonna work.
---
Anthony Baratta
President