[thelist] .asp conversion into new design

Jason E. Burk jasonb at halstead-architects.com
Sun Apr 29 21:33:27 CDT 2001

Scott Dexter wrote:

> without knowing how much you know, this question is whay to ambiguous. Do
> you know how the ASP works with the current pages?

hey kids!

this is helping, really.  i had kinda forgotten that ASP can basically dictate
the page itself, rather than being an element like an server-side include, for
example.

but much to my chagrin, the ASP information IS being used an an element rather
than the page generation -- it is essentially an event database that shows
current events for the community, to which the client can update / edit.  check
it out yourself at the following if you have a spare moment:

http://www.fountainsquareindy.com/Events/events_index.asp

as you can see, the right side, which includes the events i'm referring to are
what i want to *plug* into a new design format.  that way, i'm hoping, i don't
have to change the ASP, which works fine as it is.

and another quesiton.  what determines whether ASP can be accessed on a given
server?

thanks a mil!

jason