[thelist] Online documentation

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Mon Apr 30 07:47:53 CDT 2001

On 30 Apr 2001, at 20:09, Shashank Tripathi wrote about
RE: [thelist] Online documentation:

> whats the problem with ms word? i have a button inside word called
> "PDF", i just need to click it, and a dialog pops up, where i can make
> a few selections, and thats it. the pdf is "distilled"!

sure, it's easy, but when I compare the results, the PDF file
produced directly from Word is almost always bigger, sometimes twice
the size.

I often receive forms created as .doc to put on the web. I generally
try to also offer the PDF download option, but exporting from Word I
find that some lines, boxes and formatting are gone.

Also, with a page layout program I get a better handling of images
and graphics.

> i use acrobat 4.5, but am i missing something? i have never tried the
> pagemaker route though..coming from the same company, i bet they have
> made it simpler! what do u have to do?

it's more or less the same procedure. You can produce PDF on the
spot, but I generally export to .ps and then process with Acrobat
Distiller.

ciao

Massimo