[thelist] Stupid Cold Fusion question...

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon Apr 30 13:06:25 CDT 2001

Pete Prodoehl wrote:
> As a follow up, how would I include the *output* of a script, when I try the
> cfinclude with a perl script, in just reads it off of disk, I want it to
> execute it, just like <!--#exec cgi="..." --> would do...
>
> In Cold Fusion what would that be?

One "stupid" way to do it would be to do something like this:

        <CFHTTP
                URL = "http://www.yourdomain.dom/path/to/perlscript.pl"
                resolveurl = 1
                throwonerror = Yes></CFHTTP>
        <CFOUTPUT>#cfhttp.filecontent#</CFOUTPUT>

Which seems like overkill, and will require you to make a call over the
'net, but would probably work.

The issue is running the perl script through the perl engine before
getting <cfinclude>'d - and I'm not sure how that can be resolved a la
*nix. :-\

Of course, you could probably rewrite the perl script in Cold Fusion -
probably would execute faster than running it in perl then including it,
yes?

Best,

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com