[thelist] Windows '98 Instability

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Mon Apr 30 17:20:04 CDT 2001

Sandy  wrote:
> My Windows '98 machine, about 1 1/2 years old, is becoming more and more
> unstable.> Even though it's a plenty powerful machine, lately I end up
re-booting 2-3
> times a day because the system resources run so low it can't function.
>
> I know I read an article explaining this and what you can do, short of
> upgrading, to help alleviate the problems, a while back - but of course
> can't find anything on it now! > Any one have any links they can share
regarding this issue?

I'm having exactly the same problem big time! I bought my machine almost two
years ago. Am running Win98SE. I have a total of 159MG RAM 'cause I bought
xtra memory right after buying the machine. I started out with system
resources at anywhere from 85-90%. The other day, after only being fired up
for 2-3 hours, I checked and my system resources were 49%. Upon immediately
firing up, they are about 69%. It is getting harder and harder to work with
my apps. Then, after installing Netscape 6.01 a couple of months ago, I've
been having more and more problems to boot (pardon the pun).

Will be following this thread with great interest.
Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com