[thelist] CFMail errors, and SMTP servers

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Tue May 1 23:34:38 CDT 2001

I'm testing some cfmail pages on my Windows 98 machine, which does not have
an SMTP server. I think that cfserver is logging an error on the first
cfmail tag which it processes but cannot send, and then the next cfmail tag
will not execute and causes an error. That makes sense, right?

I guess what I'm looking for is an SMTP server that is very minimal, in that
I never expect to send mail with it. Ideally the email gets spooled to the
SMTP server and I can just stop it there. Then no CF errors, no needless
emails to names from a database, and I can finally finish what I'm doing.

I've started to look at shareware.com and Google, etc. and found ZetaMail
and some others. Before things get ugly, can anyone speak from a
particularly *good* experience with anything?

Thanks,
Matt