list confrontations, was: [thelist] Org Chart?

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed May 2 16:02:06 CDT 2001

Hey there

Sorry about the late response to this -- it's an international time zone thing.

>i really don't intend to be an asshole, but i know that's how i often
>come off (which is why i won't challenge it)... but i do tend to say
>things other people don't say, and i don't pad them.... it doesn't
>mean i'm angry or purely confrontational, it just means it's my
>opinion and it's faster to type when i don't have to find nice neutral
>words that water down my message... that's part of the reason i
>don't reply to site critique requests any more, too many people
>emailed me off-list saying i was too mean...

The last thing I want to do is come across as some dirty, smelly,
wussy hippy. It's not the lack of padding ... just it seemed like you
were jumping to conclusions. People who cannot take honest and
informed criticism on the other hand better find themselves another
industry to work in before they get some client feedback.

For what it's worth I'm REALLY GLAD most people gave that 'request
for screensavers' person a BIG BAD HARD TIME, not least because they
were unnecessarily rude about it.

>really, i *am* a nice guy IRL, when i can speak... and i can see
>people react to my words...
>
>anyway, my vanity has been served too much by this thread, so it's
>best to kill it... feel free to flame me off-list, i'll add y'all to my daily
>stack of hate mail... i'll put a tip in for each message in the thread...

Somebody has to keep everyone else honest, accurate, and too scared
to WASTE time and bandwidth or else this will end up a high-tech
wussy-hippy-support-group. Yuck.

<tip type="martini cocktails" author="andrew">
Just in case there are other poor misguided souls (heads up Richard)
out there who think a Martini does include vodka, I present here a
genuine recipe. Don't give a pretentious client the opportunity to
spit out your 'vodkatini-masking-as-martini' and storm from the
function taking his/her business with them:

1/2 a teaspoon dry vermouth (some variation in quantity here is ok)
1 1/2 oz gin
1 green olive with pit.
Stir in a mixing glass filled with ice cubes, strain into a chilled
martini glass, add olive.
</tip>
--
Andrew Forsberg