[thelist] Org Chart?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 06:53:43 CDT 2001

> From: "Richard H. Morris" <richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk>
>
> > Hm. Most software you'd need to buy 2 licenses if you were putting
> > it on 2 PCs.
>
> Some allow you to load it on as many PCs as you like as long as it's
> only in use by the one person who licensed the software.

a lot of software makers have an 80/20 rule... you can install it on
your office machine and a laptop/home machine assuming you use
one 80% of the time, and the other up to 20% of the time...  many
also have cross-platform licenses that allow you to switch
platforms and only pay for the media to switch your software...

now, this comes from both my days working phones for Microsoft,
and conversations with some IP lawyers who've specialized in
this... doesn't mean it's 100% accurate for everyone...