[thelist] 403.9 error

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Thu May 3 15:08:25 CDT 2001

At 11:56 AM 5/3/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >From: Anthony Baratta
> >
> >Are you using Access as the DB backend?? If so - Access does
> >not like 3+  simultaneous hits. You'll probably want to run
> >mySQL or another database.
>
>Hm. I don't think they're using a DB backend period, but that's a good
>thought. Would that actually throw a 403.9, though? I'd think that would
>show an Access error on the page...

I'm not sure about Access specifically, but DB problems can certainly
result in HTTP errors.  For instance, I know from experience that, with
Sybase, if your log file fills up it will suspend all db threads until
there is room in the log file.  This then queues CF's threads (generally
set to 5 simultaneously on a 2 processor box).  Then you run out of CF
threads and then IIS returns a 403 error about being too busy.  Oops.  And
a difficult problem to troubleshoot as well.

Judah