[thelist] Website Database Security

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Thu May 3 15:51:55 CDT 2001

/-----------
As your subject says "database security", I guess you should tell which
database you are using.
-----------/

I am currently using Access but will be moving the websites to MS SQL in the
near future.

/-----------
There are some principles that are independant of the database, but some
others are db-dependant. In the same way there are ideas independant of the
language you use (mostly html forms design / server security / good
passwords / sql queries), and probably some specific to coldfusion.

I am mostly looking for information on SQL Holes in forms and URL variables
along with specific ColdFusion security coding issues and server issues.

I believe a link to an article was posted here a little while ago that
outlined several SQL threats to look out for and possible ways around them.
It was a general article but the examples and solutions used ColdFusion, any
idea of where that article was located?

Chris