[thelist] ColdFusion/Access Table Export

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 16:35:46 CDT 2001

Thanks Ben, I may do that. I'll have to look at the format excel uses
to convert xls files to txt files.

Does anyone know of an automatic Access/CF command for this? I got a
reply about mime types. The mime type is
application/vnd.ms-excel...so if mime types is the best way to go, how
would I use it in CF?

Jon.

>BEN WROTE:
>Would using <CFFILE> to output to a comma-delimited text file suffice?
>
>You could then open the file in Excel or something.  That's probably
>an easy thing to write.
>
>--Ben

----MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE:----
"Hello,

I'm using ColdFusion to display a Access database in HTML format on a
page. This way the user can look at the info. BUT I want to add a
feature so the table can be exported (as excel maybe?) onto the user's
hardrive. So they could get the individual table as a file on their
computer. It can be in Access format, but then the user would have to
convert it themself, which would also be fine.

Any clues on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon."