[thelist] Org Chart?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 01:23:48 CDT 2001

> From: Rebekah Murphy <bekah at nightvisions.com>
>
> As you say, you are not familiar with the licence.
> BBEdit Lite is a freeware product. No strings atatched.
> It lacks many of the features of the full BBEdit
> program, but that's why it is free and BBEdit cost
> around $120.
> http://www.barebones.com/products.html

you are right, i am not familiar with the license... but my point still
stands... violating the license by using *shareware* beyond the trial
period/requirement is still thieving it...  i just wish i could find the
license for the Lite version so i could see if there are any
restrictions, or if it's truly restriction free, even though that's not
relevent to my original point...

> Using something that the creator is giving away for free
> is not stealing, no matter how stupid you think it is
> for the creator to not charge for his/her efforts.

wow, you totally missed my point, but that's ok, most of the people
who've replied to me on- and off-list have missed it... so i echo it
yet again...

violating the license agreement is a violation... using
share/demoware past the agreement time (or whatever) is a
violation, and since it requires payment, that is stealing... duping
CDs of things like Photoshop and handing them out to friends is
stealing... selling them is pirating... etc...

never did i challenge the use of freeware (i did challenge people
looking for a free lunch), or indicate that developers were stupid for
giving it away...  to follow your sentiment, i'd think you were stupid
to read that from any of my posts...

but i don't think that... oddly enough...

and because all this is noise, both your post and mine, i will pay
with a tip, and hope you might do the same...

<tip type="Photoshop">
You can select all pixels that are not 100% transparent on a layer
by ctrl/comman-clicking on the layer.  This is handy when you
want to get a complex image out of a layer, but don't know exactly
where its edges are.
</tip>