[thelist]   in XSL

Jonathan Chard jonathan at familygenetix.com
Fri May 4 04:27:39 CDT 2001

>i'm trying to insert a non-breaking space into my XSL document (so
>that   gets rendered to my HTML output)... however, it does
>not want to work... so, after some searching, i found two possible
>ways to do it:

I've had the same problem.... it does seem a bit hard for something that
should be [a] required a lot and [b] not too much to ask for.

I've had some success with

<xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:txt>

But ... there must be another way. Seems really messy. I expect you have to
define it as an entity in your xml DTD, then the processor wont barf on it.
Hopefully someone here knows how to do that off the top of their head, I've
not so far had the real need to delve into it say I've not bothered.

HTH a bit,

Jon Chard.
BTW what editor/processor are you using? Just interested.