[thelist] domain self-hosting

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Fri May 4 11:06:06 CDT 2001

I use Telocity and I like them a lot.  Static IP ADSL for $49/mo.  No year-long
obligation or anything.  I get 1.5mbps down and 260kbps up.  Only set-up fee is
the Airborne Express on the modem which is about $25.  Also, they tell you go
ahead and set up a server... so long as its not commercial or illegal.  That's
the hitch... no commercial.  Also, they don't support your server, obviously.  I
run my own email, web server, and FTP server and I love it.  For your personal
web site its great because you're the admin of the server... you can play around
with all that stuff that you normally don't get to do in a work environment.

-Ron S.