[thelist] Subdomain name mapping

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri May 4 11:15:41 CDT 2001

Hey Simon -

One thing you may want to find out is if they can provide a permanent
redirect for you.. You can do this by passing a 302 code in the HTTP
header along with the new URL info.. The 302 is for a 'permanent
redirect' and will let any automated bots, spiders, etc that they need
to update their records to point to the new URL.

You can do this pretty easily in apache, and you can probably do it
easily in IIS too.. Shout if you want more info :)

.djc.